Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hit It and Quit It.

A big thanks to the prolific ChunkStyle23 (brother of Ravenal) for bringing my attention to this mention of Blazers Basketball at Deadspin. You'll notice that I was honored with the #1 best Blazer fan site , which probably says more about the lack of Blazer blogs than it does about the quality of this one.

Not only does Chunk help run one of the better hoops blogs out there, but he also stays up late reading this blog. Check out the time tag on the comment. Way to put in the late night work Chunk. Now that I've hit the big time, I promise I won't forget all of you little people.

When I started this lil' old web log last November, I just assumed it would crap out within a few weeks, much like ever other endeavor I've undertook. To my surprise though, it's been mildly popular and a lot of fun to work on. I've enjoyed every comment and criticism, and for that, I thank you, the four regular readers that frequent this site.

Since you've all given so much to me, I've decided I'd like to give something back. You've probably never noticed the counter at the bottom of the page, but if you have, you'll notice that we're coming up on our 10,000th hit here at Blazers Basketball HQ. I realize that's infinitesimal in the grand scheme of the internet hitness, but I'm proud of it nonetheless, especially considering that there probably aren't even 10,000 current Blazer fans in the greater Willamette Valley.

So you're probably saying to yourself, "Way to pat yourself on the back Lance, you self-absorbed jerk. What's in it for me?" We'll here it is. The first 15 people that leave a comment on this post and e-mail me at www.blazersbasketball@yahoo.com (yes, the "www." part in the e-mail address has to be included) will receive a package of Hit chocolate biscuits and a burned CD of many of the songs mentioned here on Blazers Basketball, which includes songs by artists such as Johnny Cash, The Talking Heads, Snoop Dogg, and The Gorillaz. Of course, you'll have to send me your address in the e-mail (I wouldn't put it in the comments if I were you), but I promise not to use or sell your information in any way there after. If you're not one of the first 15, you'll still get the CD, but I can't afford to give out cookies willy-nilly. So there you go; a small token of my gratitude. Here's to another 10,000 hits.

Oh yeah, the Blazers lost to the Lakers last night. Zach took one to the chops, to which I can only say: Stay away from DA's dentist Z-Bo.

13 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous crunchynoodles said...

mmm... biscuits.
keep up the great work, lance. definitely the best blazer blog around.

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous DP said...

Oh Yeah...you know I like eating cookies and listening to music. Damn, you've hit it big, Lance, producing your very own "Blazer's Basketball Mix Tape." I can't wait for the day I get my own mix tape.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

Thanks for the love crunchy.
I'm using that title DP, though I think I'll call it the "Blazer's Basketball Lance1 Mix Tape". Don't forget to send your address to www.blazersbasketball@yahoo.com. My psychic kung-fu powers are getting stronger, but I'm still not capable of divining home addresses through the internet. By the way, what's the status on "the bigga figga" blog?

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous J.E. Skeets said...

Lance, congrats on the Blogdom Best.

I've got a quick question for you guys: Blazers (-4) at home vs. the Bobcats tonight? Yes or no? Thoughts?

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

Man Skeets, after the Indiana betting debacle, I'm hesitant to give any advice. I will say that if the Blazers are without Randolph because of his tooth problem, Joel becuase of his knee, and Theo because of his ankle, I would probably take the Bobcats. Couple that with the fact that the Blazers always seem to be horrible on the second of back-to-back nights, and I'd probably pick the Cats, even though they're on the second of a B2B as well. I will say though that if the over/under is at 190, I'd bet the under before I'd bet anything else, especially if Zach is out. Neither of these teams can score.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger chunkstyle23 said...

I love me some German cookies and Snoop Dogg. Two great tastes that taste great together.

PS: Ravenal ain't heavy, he's my brother.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

sorry Chunk, it's been fixed. Give me the e-mail for the swag.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous DDavis said...

Wow, if only the other sites I peruse were as generous. I guess I'm not sure I'd want anything from aljazeera.com though.

By the way, I've been meaning to drop some comments but life keeps interfering. Anyway here comes an email.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger bendblaze31 said...

ive been hitting up your site since i first saw it mentioned on olive. easily best pure blazer blog ive come accross and love the "toronto is no place to raise a child". keep up the good work and ill keep reading

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sup Lance, Long time reader (Since December 05!) First time poster. Its a great way to keep up with my hometown while I'm in Cali. Keep up the good work!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

Thanks again to all.
I hope you didn't take the under Skeets.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Pants information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the matchmaker soundtrack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home