Monday, January 30, 2006

Please Paul, Don't Hurt 'Em

I still feel like crap. I'm about ready to ditch my faith in modern medicine and find a nice apothecary who sells leaches and gall from a castrated boar for my ailments. In the meantime, there's been a lot of talk in the OregonLive Blazer forum about the article pertaining to Paul Allen and his recent success with the Seahawks ownership, and conversely, his recent lack of success with the Trail Blazers. Just because a guy doesn't state categorically that he won't sell the team doesn't necessarily mean that he intends on jumping ship. Besides, after the SeaChickens get rocked by Pittsburgh this Sunday, Paul is going to be happy that he's got another team to follow, even if it is the lowly Blazers.


In more important news, the Blazers continue their road trip (which didn't get off to such a great start) with Mac-10's first trip back to Seattle since taking the money and running to our fair Portland. It's got to feel good for Nate to see the Sonics struggling like they are, though they have been playing better ball since Weiss got shitcanned. With any luck, the "Red and Black Attack" will realized the significance this game has for Nate and give it the old college try, or in the case of this team, the old high school try. The game's on KGW, so I'll get to watch it while consuming an elixir consisting of guano, eye of newt, and lemur urine. I wish those Wicca’s could find tastier ingredients.

9 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous jammin said...

I like the Sizzle / Fizzle board at the Rose Garden so I'll give my own here about the Sonics game:

Sizzle:
Randolph, 32 pts on 14-24 shooting. I'm very impressed by his willingness to bang inside tonight...
Jack's defense...
Joel filling up the stat sheet in only 24 minutes...

Fizzle:
Telfair, 5 pts on 1 of 7, only 2 assists?
Viktor "Hot potato" Khryapa...man, won't that guy ever take the inititive on offense? I like him but I wish he'd not try to immediately get rid of the ball every time it touches his hands on offense. On D he was solid though.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

Zach did have a great game, but I'd be real worried if he hadn't put up at least decent numbers. The Sonics are totaly void of interior defense, not that their "exterior" defense is any good either.
I couldn't agree more about Telfair. I get real nervous when he's running that second unit. He simply doesn't understand how to run an offense. Mike Rice made a great point (though I hate to admit it) about Telfair's instinct when driving to the hoop. He always attacks the basket, then goes up or looks for the dish. What he needs to to is drive toward the basket, but more toward the outside of the key, as to let room for the cutter. As far as Vik goes, I think Nate may be telling him to get rid fo the ball ASAP and head toward the boards. I think Vik is the kind of guy that thinks before a game "This game, I'm going to try and score" or "This game, I'm going to try to crash the boards." He's kind of one-track, but I'll take it.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous jammin said...

yeah, good point about Khryapa. question though: what happens when miles comes back? he won't be content to give up the ball. maybe make a new blog post about that eventuality.

My take on that is that Zebo will still get his touches but Ruben and Dixon will have to settle for less. Ruben is currently the go-to guy for the second unit. When Miles is back i bet nate will stagger the substitutions (not the wholesale sub pattern he has now) and try to keep at least two of the four i mentioned in at any one time.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Alan said...

In the Bill and Paul photo, what does Paul Allen have in his shirt at his waist?
A goiter? A gun? A banana? A mouse stolen from Steve Jobs?

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

My guess would be a phaser.

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Lures information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://xdfgfzjs.com/npic/cslf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dzcmnopn.com/anib/jkwn.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://xdfgfzjs.com/npic/cslf.html | http://xbrdlbjs.com/nkqi/pvuc.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home