Thursday, January 12, 2006

How Sweet It Is

There's no better way to end a six game losing streak than to beat the Lakers while denying Kobe his precious statistical milestones, and getting Chalupas for the first time this year. That, my friends, is a trifecta worth noting in this season of less-than-notable events. If it wasn't the best game of the year for the Blazers, it was certainly the most enjoyable. Stevie, Rube, and Juan all had stellar games. The team as a whole shot 52.4% from the field and 75.9% from the free-throw line, which are both well above the season average. And as the old man said, the Blazers are 3 for 3 on bobblehead nights, which begs the question: "When is the Ha bobblehead night?"


Of course, there was the requisite controversy (if you could call it that) before the game, which entailed Zach being late for shoot around for the 4th time. His punishment was losing his starting job to Theo "Don't Bring That Weak Stuff in Here Chris Mihm" Ratliff, but lighting quick foul trouble caused the punishment to last about a minute. Personally, I don't understand the hardass stance on tardiness, but I guess rules are rules. Some pundits would rather the Blazers lose and make a point than win and allow a late arrival for shoot around to be what it really is; not a big deal. So I've come up with a solution that I think is fair and implementable. I'm going to look into getting Z-Bo studio apartment next to the Rose Garden, not because it pisses me off that he's late, but because I'm tired of reading articles and blog entries about what a worthless near-do-good Zach is because he shows up 5 minutes late. We could set him up a nice cot, maybe a few folding chairs, a nice accent rug, you know, make it nice and homey. If you're willing to kick in, let me know.

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous dp said...

yeah...I got some duckets on that. I was actually at that game and it was quite amazing. I mean we "held" Kobe to 41 (as The Oregonian exclaimed). No, really though, lets not punish Zach for being a lazy motherfucker, let's celebrate it....yes, lets celebrate it.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous DrewFix said...

hey, when Clownzano interviewed D.A. wasn't he in a similar set-up to the one you are proposing for Zach? you remember the one with the card table for a dinning table, when D.A.'s tooth was all hurty?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home