Wednesday, December 21, 2005

We Was Robbed

What a kick in the teeth. The Blazers played their hearts out last night, losing to the vastly favored Detroit Pistons 89-93 in Auburn Hills. If the Blazers could have kept from making a few late game mistakes, this would have been their best win of the season and really something to build on, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Of course, the referee crew of Leon Wood, Sean Corbin, and Sean Wright didn't help much either, calling two truly horrible fouls on Jarrett Jack in the final minutes of the game, both of which were flops while shooting three pointers by Chauncey "God Damn Am I Ugly" Billups. If it weren't for Sam Cassell, Chauncey would easily be the ugliest point guard in the league, so I guess it's only fair that the ref's take some pity on a guy so physically repugnant.


While I hate to sound like a broken record, I must mention that the game after I penned the carol "Z-Bo the Dough Man", Zach blows up for a career high 37 points. If you've read this little blog lately, you'd know that every time I poke fun at a player, he turns around and has a great game. So that means that Nate uses this site as billboard material, or that I have supernatural powers. Neither would surprise me.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous DDavis said...

Love the way they played last night, up till the end. These almost moral victories are not cutting it. Way to get in Randolph's ear. I heard Nate put the Z-bo the Doughman song on Zac's ipod on repeat. Even Z-bo is not soft enough to take that.
Thank you for your time, oh and HD is the way to watch foosball. You coming?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

You knows it! I'm assuming that you got the HD reciever, now the question is, is ESPN going to play the game in HD? I want to see Haloti chase down Adrian Peterson in 16:9.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous DDavis said...

yeah, ESPN actually has a simulcast HD channel 24/7 so Haloti's cottage cheese will be on fine display. I'm going to have the surround sound hooked up too. Give me a holler little closer to game time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home