Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sun Day Morning Coming Down

I don't really have anything to say about the 85-13o thrashing that the Blazers endured last night at the hands of the Suns. No one played well, Z-Dough faked an injury so that he wouldn't have to continue getting humiliated, Sebastian didn't have a single assist, the team as a whole shot 37%, the Suns shot 50% from 3, seven of nine Suns that played any significant minutes scored in double figures, and even my boy Vik didn't play well. Rather than try and rationalize any of it, I'll leave my few readers with a little song by the late, great Johnny Cash (actually it was written by Kris Kristopherson, but Johnny made it famous). I think it pretty much sums up the Blazers experiance last night. Ladies and gentelman, Johnny Cash:

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

I'd smoked my mind the night before
With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking.
But I lit my first and watched a small kid
Playing with a can that he was kicking.
Then I walked across the street
And caught the Sunday smell of someone frying chicken.
And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost
Somewhere, somehow along the way.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

In the park I saw a daddy
With a laughing little girl that he was swinging.
And I stopped beside a Sunday school
And listened to the songs they were singing.
Then I headed down the street,
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing,
And it echoed through the canyon
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

I'll be curled up in a ball crying if anyone needs me. Blazers play the Timberwolves tonight. The spread is T-Wolves -7.5. Bet the farm on Minnesota.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous general contractors said...

Suprise Suprise open your eyes...Some people believe that to create is great but build is like changing the past forever... If you want to create a beautiful home Visit general contractors and you can see what a little change can create..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home